Access Statement – September 2019
Lower Campscott Farm has 7 self-catering properties set in 35 acres at the head of the beautiful ‘Fuchsia Valley’, situated between Woolacombe and Ilfracombe on the North Devon Coast. We are on OS Sheet 180 or Explorer map 139. Our grid reference is SS495455. Our postcode, which is common to a number of properties over a wide area locally, is EX34 8LS.
Directions can be found on our website. Please click on Contact Us. More detailed directions are normally sent with your confirmation email.
- Barnstaple is our nearest railway station (13 Miles approx.) and connecting buses run from there to Ilfracombe.
- National Express coaches run from London to Ilfracombe in the summer months and Barnstaple throughout the year.
- We are on bus route Ilfracombe to Woolacombe via Lee (bus no. 3B).
- Local Taxi firm is “A” Taxi (01271) 865 321.
- The South West Coast Path runs through Lee. We are 20 minutes by foot from the village centre.
- We are no more than a mile from the National Cycle Network – Devon Coast to Coast Route 27.
- For up to date local travel information please contact the local Tourist Information Centres: Woolacombe (01271 870553) or Ilfracombe (01271 863001) or explorethesouthwestcoastpath.co.uk
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
We like to welcome you personally and show you into your accommodation. This is after 4 pm, although if you anticipate arriving after 6pm we would appreciate a phone call just to let us know.
We provisionally allocate parking spaces as follows:
Fuchsia Cottage 1 space opposite
Hydrangea Cottage 1 space opposite
Stable Cottage 1 space to the side
Granary Cottage 2 spaces at the bottom of the steps
Pinetree Lodge 2 spaces to the rear
Birchtree Lodge 2 spaces to the front
Firtree Lodge 1 space opposite
Further parking for additional cars is available on site.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The reception is located in the Farm office / shop in the centre of the complex, and is open every morning, and 4 to 6pm on a Friday. If it is closed there are telephone numbers on the door. On changeover days we may well be showing other guests into their accommodation but feel free to look around the site.
- Each property has its own front door and is self-contained.
Communal Areas – External
- A large lawn and children’s play area with equipment enjoying views over Lee Bay.
- BBQ and picnic areas.
- An area of hard standing suitable for soft ball games, football, basketball etc.
Communal Areas – Internal
- Games room, with table tennis, pool table and play equipment for younger children.
- There are 2 toilets and a shower room adjacent to the games room.
- Lockable storage is provided for bicycles, water sports equipment etc.
- A selection of DVD’s, books, games and Tourist Information Leaflets are available.
Restaurants, Pubs etc
– The Grampus pub in Lee is just under a mile by Public Footpath.
– There are many pubs, restaurants, takeaways in the local area (the folder in each cottage contains further information).
- Washer Dryers are installed in each cottage along with an iron and ironing board.
- A separate space is available for drying outdoor clothing and footwear.
- 5 of our 7 cottages and lodges are single storey, some have level access and others a few steps – we have done our best to include as much detail as possible for each holiday cottage and lodge.
- Please contact us regarding your specific requirements, we’d be pleased to answer your questions and try to accommodate you where we can.
- Concerns with some of the properties may be the relatively narrow doorways, tight corners and entry from outside via steps.
- In some properties the shower is above the bath. Please see individual cottage details for further information.
- Our Farm Nature trail has won a Wildlife Trust silver award. The walk is over rough ground and strong shoes or wellingtons are advisable. Not suitable for pushchairs.
- Footpath to Lee and the beach – approx 20 minute walk, through 2 fields and then on the road, a little steep coming back up. Not suitable for pushchairs.
- Water points for washing bicycles and outdoor clothing.
Animal and Birdlife
- The walks may take visitors through fields with stock. We ask that the normal countryside code is adhered to and in particular dogs are controlled near to animals and gates left as you find them.
- Pregnant women should not touch sheep or lambs.
- We are a working farm and whilst visitors are welcome to enjoy the farm they do so at their own risk and must take sensible precautions.
The Old Dairy function room facilities
Function room (35 people max), with kitchen, and toilet facilities close by, available for hire.
All cottages have a full central heating system and plentiful hot water supplied by our Biomass Boiler.
Fuchsia & Hydrangea are semi-detached, single storey cottages with 2 or 3 easy steps to the front door and patio outside the front window.
- Door opens into living room with separate kitchen area with seating.
- One double and one twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with bath & shower over, toilet and washbasin.
Stable Cottage has been converted from the original Farm Stable.
- Door opens into the lounge.
- Separate kitchen/dining room.
- Stairs lead from the lounge to bedrooms.
- One double and one single bedroom.
- Bathroom with bath & shower over, toilet and washbasin.
Granary cottage has 9 steps up to the front door with railings on one side.
- Into the spacious lounge.
- Spacious kitchen/dining room
- Downstairs family bathroom with bath, toilet and wash basin.
- Stairs lead from the lounge to the bedrooms.
- One double bedroom and two twin bedrooms.
- Shower room, toilet and wash basin with access from landing.
Pinetree Lodge has level access from the rear.
- Into the very spacious lounge with kitchen area to the rear.
- To the left, a double and twin bedroom.
- In between, a wet room with shower, toilet and washbasin. Fitted with grab handles, equipped with bathing stool and freestanding adjustable WC frame.
- To the right, a double and twin bedroom.
- In between, a bathroom with toilet and washbasin.
Birchtree Lodge is set in its own garden with 2 small steps onto the decking area and patio door.
- Into the open plan living/dining/kitchen.
- One double bedroom, one twin and one bunk room.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over, toilet and washbasin.
- A second door opens onto the side of the decking.
Firtree Lodge has 5 steps up to the decking area and door.
- Into the spacious sitting/dining area.
- Separate kitchen.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over, toilet and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower, toilet and wash basin.
- Patio doors open onto the decking area.
All kitchens contain: • Electric cooker (Firtree has gas).
- Fridge / freezer.
- Microwave oven, electric kettle & toaster.
- Washer/ drier.
- Ample supply of kitchen essentials.
(A full sample inventory can be downloaded from our website)
All living rooms contain: • Flat screen T.V., DVD and FreeSat box. Rechargeable torch.
Cots and Highchairs are available by prior arrangement at no extra charge.
If you have any specific requirements, or wish to discuss any access concerns with us please call Tony or Kathy on 01271 863479